Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014

CHIP Featured Employee for June

June 10, 2013 by  
Filed under CHIP Today

Susan Hoge is CHIP’s Featured Employee of the Month for June. If you don’t already know her and details of her role at CHIP, we invite you to read this brief Q&A with her.

How many years have you worked at CHIP/ UConn? I’ve worked at CHIP for 5.5 years.

What are your primary responsibilities? I manage the day-to-day operations of the CHIP Business Unit along with the many Human Resources/Personnel/Payroll components at CHIP.

What is your favorite part of working at CHIP? I enjoy working with my co-workers (they rock!) as well as with the diverse group of PIs, staff and students.   I like the fact that no two days are alike!

Please share a little bit about your professional life before CHIP.  Prior to moving to Connecticut, I lived in San Francisco (during the winters in Connecticut I often question that decision J).  I worked in the Human Resources Department at the University of California, San Francisco.  I also lived in San Diego, California, which was another wonderful place to live.  I’ve spent most of my professional career working in Human Resources but did spend a short time teaching preschool children when my own kids were young.  That was a whole different kind of experience – but it was a blast!

What is your favorite place or event on campus, or your favorite Huskies Team? I like walking around campus and especially like visiting the Floriculture Building to see their beautiful plants and flowers.  Of course, the Dairy Barn is a nice place to visit too!  I’m a fan of all of the HUSKIE Teams especially Field Hockey, Lacrosse, and Track and Field since I know students that participate on those teams.

What are we most likely to find you doing when you are not at work?  I enjoy being outside – gardening, hiking with my chocolate lab, and sitting on a beach somewhere.  I also enjoy Pilates and I love to cook (and eat!)