Equipment Use and Sign-Out
- CHIP has equipment available for faculty, staff, students, and affiliates (if appropriate) to use for CHIP-related business and research.
- The following equipment may be checked out for on-site use. When you pick up and return the equipment, please fill out the sign-out sheet in DonnaHawkins’ office (#46). If you have any questions, see Donna.
- Polycom Soundstation pod for conference calls
- Dell Latitude Laptop
- Skype Speakerphone (USB)
- Digital Video Camera
- CHIP’s digital video cameras may also be checked out for off-site use for a maximum of 14 days per request. For off-site use, please fill out the sign-out request form below, and hit ‘send’ at the bottom. Follow up by going to room 46 to sign the form and pick up the camera. Instructions for video camera usage are available here: http://www.chip.uconn.edu/it-support/guides-faq-instructions/canon-vixia-hfs20-guide/
- Instructions for using the other equipment listed above are available in room 46 and may be referenced when checking out the equipment. CHIP IT staff are also available for technical assistance with all of the equipment.
- All equipment must be returned to room 51 by the time noted on the sign-out sheet when the equipment was initially signed out. We must be notified immediately of any requests to extend the return time so that we can determine whether or not CHIP can accommodate the request.
- The recipient will bear responsibility for the on-time return of all equipment in the same condition as at the time of release. Digital cameras must be returned with all digital content removed from the hard drive. Individuals will be held responsible for any damaged or missing equipment.
- In the event of exceptional circumstances (e.g., dissertation defense by non-affiliate student), the Director or Associate Director may be asked to review the sign-out request.
Record of Equipment on Loan From the Center for Health, Intervention, and Prevention (CHIP)
CHIP offers off-site loan of Digital Video Cameras to its UConn-based affiliates for CHIP research. Borrowers should complete the form below, hit ‘send’ and see Donna in room 46, or Beth or Melissa in room 51 to sign the form and pick up the Video Camera.
Please email your requests to support (at) chip dot uconn dot edu, we are currently experiencing issues with this interface.